This Programme is a must for all Foster Carers working with young people. It covers the issues associated with mental health and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).It also gives an overview of the different mental health issues facing young people and strategies for the foster care environment
The course covers the behaviour associated with mental health and ADHD whilst exploring both the effects and side effects of the various medications.
• Strategies for working with young people with ADHD/Mental health needs.
• What is mental health?
• ADHD-The facts.
• Understanding ADHD.
• Myths surrounding ADHD and other Mental Health issues
• Medication used to treat mental health.
• Safety implications when working with young people who have mental health needs.
• Setting boundaries.
• When to refer.
• How can I get help; useful organisations.
Course Duration Two days.